Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Holiday Open House: Part II

I promised a few more pictures of our new shop...
Chalkboards are the rage...
This neutral one would look stylish with any kitchen decor.

Crystal, milk glass and depression glass are the ingredients for a light, shimmery table.
We have a very nice selection of all three.

I had this little old fashioned tree "planted" in an old brown crock...
and somebody bought the crock!
So I re-planted in a blue splatter ware crock.
The tree holds tiny vintage chocolate molds, dogwood berries,
feathers and assorted primitive ornaments.
The blanket chest with its beautiful burned poinsettias is the best buy in the house.
Of course, I just noticed that the flowers don't show up in the picture :(
I'm tempted to take it home, add casters and use it as a window seat or a coffee table.
Child's vintage chair to the right holds a Pottery Barnish book and old vintage speller.


I love the textures of Indian baskets.
This old mirror back lost its mirror long ago,
and someone covered the wooden back with a cloth picture.
Colors are beautiful.

I am a nut about bowls...all sizes and types.
I have a wonderful collection of yelloware bowls above my sink...
no matter what decor I use, they remain.
I found this group of wooden salad bowls at a yard sale,
brought them home, painted, distressed and waxed each one in a different color.
Mustard, navy, robin's egg, gray, black, green, and rusty red are my favorite colors.
They would look great with potpourri or wrapped candy in them year round.

Tools now hang on our barn wood wall. They look like pieces of art.

Hand-made crosses by my friend Wanda Pearson have a place of honor in our shop.
These make lovely gifts for teachers and special friends.

There is nothing more endearing than Blue Willow china.
The apple green interior of this old pantry adds mood to the blue and white selections.

This beautiful handcrafted antique door coffee table will be specially priced
for the Saturday Open House. Speak now, or forever hold your peace!

My son tried his hand making a coffee table from an old painted door.
He left the hinges on the door and faced it with genuine old barn wood. Love it!
Last but certainly not least is MY grand old hutch!
Look at how pretty she looks all dressed up for the holidays!!
She is finally residing INSIDE the shop
and every time I look at her, it makes me happy!

Ten until five, Saturday, Nov. 12...be there or be square!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!