Sunday, November 13, 2011

No Man Is An Island...Neither is a Woman

The above statement is more true than you know...there is absolutely NO way we could have opened and had a Holiday Open House in 3 1/2 weeks without help from our friends! Thanks to all who dropped by and shopped at Dwellings...Refined, this Saturday! The store was full of shoppers and well wishers and we are extremely appreciative to all who have supported and encouraged us in this endeavor!

This afternoon, in a few down minutes, we assembled an island for my kitchen using an old barn gate and a metal bottom from a work bench. I needed a very small "island-ette" for the center of the kitchen. I have no counter space by the refrigerator and I constantly have to walk back and forth taking items from the refrigerator when I am cooking. This solves the problem. The hardest part was picking from all our wood stash!

The old metal bottom was a work bench and we just removed the metal top and replaced it with the barn wood. It's very sturdy and I put two hooks at the ends so that I have a place to hand dish towels, etc. The bottom is sprayed with Rustoleum Hammered Brown.

The island measures 22 inches wide and 42 inches in length. It fits perfectly! After cleaning, waxing and polyurethane, I can't wait to use it!

Casters aid in moving and there is a lever that raises the legs so the casters can roll! This is one service we offer at Dwellings Refined...you find the bottom of your choice and we'll make you a top!

Our store hours have changed since we are finally moved in and somewhat settled:
Wednesday-Saturday 10 a.m. 'til 5 p.m.
Sunday from 1 p.m. 'til 5 p.m.
We are closed Monday and Tuesday.

We are located between Donna's #6 Produce and Magnolia Flea Market on Hwy. 49 South...on the right just past Jerry's Fish House (which is on the left.) When you pass Donna's turn on your blinker...or you will miss us! We are the little brick building. There is a flashing sign!!

2 comments:

  1. i am thrilled for y'all! oh, i hope i can visit soon!!

    {and if we happen to relocate, i would like a job.
    i'll work for free!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. You now have a SHOP!!! I see Hwy 49 S., but from I55 how would I get there? I would love to stop by sometime on the way to or from Grenada!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you!